Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Special Gift




You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you...
~Desmond Tutu

A few days after I found out I was being transferred to Marble, I received a very special gift from my precious Aunt Louise. You see, when we were in Kentucky together a few weeks ago, I introduced her to Crocs. When we were at the mall buying her some, I tried on the Croc heels, which I seen before, but didn't think they could be very comfortable. Boy was I wrong, they were totally comfortable, but the only ones they had in my size were hot pink. Not that I minded hot pink, but they really weren't practical for my wardrobe. I decided not to get them and maybe look for a black pair sometime later. Well, the night before the first day of school, my mom gave me a basket from my Aunt Louise (who was back in Mexico). It was filled with chocolate, bubble bath, and some black Croc heels. I immediately started to cry because my Aunt Louise knew that shoes, chocolate, and bubble bath were not going to fix everything, but she knew that knowing she understands my heart was exactly what I needed. That gift epitomizes what my Aunt Louise has been to me all my life- a beacon of strength, compassion, understanding, and love. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment