Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Secret of Silking Corn






Hello my friends! For all of you ladies out there that like to put up corn in the summer, and despise silking corn as much as I do, I have the solution-YOUR HUSBANDS!!! While I know you are probably thinking, "Yeah right," it's true. All you have to do is involve power tools, then your men will see it as an opportunity to play and won't really see it as work. You see, I bought this attachment for a drill, designed for the specific purpose of silking corn. So, Jamie runs the drill, and the corn gets silked at the same time! A beautiful combination. :) It actually works very well too. I still have to lightly brush it as I'm washing it, but it's a lot less work. We do it outside so the majority of the silks stay outside and what it doesn't get off are usually pretty loose so it makes the silking inside the house minimal. Oh, in case your are wondering, I got this handy dandy attachment at the Tuesday flea market in Murphy from the guy who sells all the kitchen stuff on the main strip for a couple of dollars. :) I've attached pictures for your enjoyment!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Godfreys!! This is too funny!! I LOATHE silking corn, but found a kitchen brush that, strangely enough, seems to do the trick! So glad to be able to keep up with you guys via blog! Come by and visit ours sometime. www.saraig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete